torsdag den 15. april 2010

Season Celebration

The regular season is over and in our basketball league there are no playoffs. There is moving up to the next division, being demoted to the lower division or nothing....we are doing nothing. So in order to commemorate the end of our first season together we are throwing a huge party for the whole basketball department at my club. Tomorrow is the day. We bought the booze...sent out the invites and prepared the decorations. Its is going to be epic.

In other news tomorrow I start a program to increase my vertical. Right now I can grab the rim but i m hoping to add about 8 inches or more over the summer so I can be dunking for next season. The program is 15 weeks long and should be challenging enough. The nice thing is that I dont need any weights or anything like that. I will however continue my normal routine at the gym and perhaps even increase how much I work my legs a little. Its easier to do this kind of training during the off season since I wont have any mandatory practices or games that I have to be fresh for.

I m pretty realistic about the whole thing. It says that I should increase 8-14 inches by the end. I figure if I hit the low end I ll consider it a success. Really any little bit will help and at the very least I will have stronger legs and more endurance.

Switching topics again. Its time for the playoffs in basketball and hockey. I am a huge sabres and trailblazers fan. Both teams are in the post season for their respective sports. So far the Sabres opener has been nothing short of thrilling. Its the middle of the second period now and they are winning. I hope they take the W and wax the Bruins in 4 games.

Ingen kommentarer: