Living outside of my home country has really made me look at things that I just dont want to live without. Moreover I ve thought about the things that I really like and have grown up with and will probably like the rest of my life.
So Coast soap is the one that comes to mind. I love Coast, as the commercials say or at least used to its "the eye opener". I always had it as a kid and I remember the commercials of people having their alarms go off and then looking really tired, but as soon as they got in the shower the picked up their bar of Coast, smelled it and then had a huge refreshed look on their face. I also think that it was a manly soap. Most the commercials that I remember seeing were with men and then after the got out of the shower the wife or girlfriend would come into the scene. It was like if I use this soap then I m a man. Considering I was so young clearly my aim was to be more manly. Funny how that marketing has still stuck with me all these years.
Crest toothpaste as well. Of course I m a Crest user because my parents were coast users when I was younger. I became accustom to the taste and seeing the name on the tube etc. When I was little too they had the commercials with the stars with faces and they were singing and it was for their kids toothpaste. I remember it smelling like bubble gum and tasting so delicious when I brushed that I once squeezed a big portion into my mouth and tried to eat it. That didnt taste so good but I mean it was just so amazing. There were a few years in middle school and early high school when my parents switched to Arm and Hammer toothpaste and also Mentadent but I hated it. It wasnt Crest. Once I got a job I started buying my own toothpaste and got back to the good stuff. Today I have it sent to me because I cant buy it in Denmark. They have the 5x longer lasting stuff now....and I tell you what...it really does last longer. Despite colgate being so popular my heart will always be with coast.
Hanes Classics is also something that I have become religious about. I hate to wear any other undershirts or boxer briefs. They are just so comfortable. To be fair I havent really tried many other kinds but I figure why change a good thing. They are reasonably priced and last a long time. And hey...if they are good enough for MJ they are good enough for me.
There are other things I m sure I could sit and think about but I think the example I ve given are pretty good. Its kinda funny how with some things we are so resistant to change and others it doesnt matter. Also its amazing how much influence our youth has on things we use as we get older. This is why marketing is so interesting. I mean my parents made me a lifetime customer of a product and I ll probably do the same to my kids one day too.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar