Well 2010 is over and done with. I d say by far the worst year that I have been on this planet. Started off with a battle with immigration, followed by an unexpected death in the family, continued with 10 weeks of activation with a jobcenter and was pretty much completed by the longest stint on unemployment in my entire life (since i have started working).
I will say I had a great Christmas here in Denmark. Had dinner with a good friend and his family. I ve spent a couple holidays with them before and they are great people that I enjoy being around. New years was fun too. Simple but delicious dinner with a couple friends then went to a party in the city where I was able to see the whole Copenhagen skyline at midnight when the entire city erupted with fireworks. It was an amazing sight.
My horoscope, which I dont ever look at or put much if any belief into, says this year is supposed to be a good year for employment opportunities as well as for my love life. Hmm that seems to be a ridiculous coincidence. But perhaps I m believing a bit that perhaps it was true. I have already been invited to an interview this year. Pretty excited because this year for me is focused on change. After an absolutely dismal year last year I am determined to get the most out of this one and try and change my stars. I sort of started in the last couple of months last year so dont get it twisted...this is not a new years resolution. I dont do those, I think they are load of crap. I took a course and started studying for some certifications that can make me a bit more valuable in the job market. I ve also been working more with programs that I find fun and interesting which also have use in a work setting. On top of this I ve been to the gym more releasing those wonderful endorphins and have begun to be less lazy with meal preparation.
I cant believe that I will go another year being unemployed so I am preparing myself and staying excited about work opportunities. With nearly 200 applications sent out the numbers game is on the verge of shifting to my favor. Otherwise I m planning on traveling a bit this year with a Mediterranean cruise, another surf trip to Morocco and a visit home to the US tentatively schedule. I also really want to visit some of my friends around Europe which is long overdue. I think this year there are big things in the works and this post graduation purgatory that I ve been stuck in will finally end.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar