Well this weekend was supposed to be an epic adventure of the danish Halloween like holiday Festalavn. I was supposed to be dressing up and going to a crazy costume party with 5 of my friends and getting rowdy. I was supposed to stay out late and then wander home in the wee hours of the morning. I was supposed to sleep all day today.
Well that pretty much didnt happen. Turns out that the gods had other plans for me this weekend. It was sort of like I got all the consequences of partying without the party.
Basically I managed to get pretty sick. The only logically explanation in my head is food poisoning. My stomach is normally one of those that was forged from iron and steel. I have probably only had issues with it a handful of times in my years and the majority of those were definitely alcohol related. In fact the only time I can think of when I threw up from being sick was back when I lived in Connecticut which was during the years of 2nd and 3rd grade. And I will admit it was slightly forced as I was looking for a way out of a day at school.
So yesterday I was sitting in a meeting at work with my boss and other colleague, who is like my second boss, talking about basically what happens next. It was a fairly important meeting and I was very interested in sharing some ideas and whatnot. But after about 10 minutes...I nearly fell out of my chair and passed out. I had to excuse myself from the room and go lay on the bathroom floor, which was refreshing and cool. I went back in to the meeting and then had to leave again...and was shortly after sent home.
I took the metro one stop to where I needed to catch a bus, but didnt quite make it to the bus. After catching a whiff of the normally delightfully smelling hotdog stand I felt as if I was going to explode. I quickly searched for a semi private place to do my bidding but it was not to be found. So I braced myself on the handrail between the bus lane and where normal traffic passes by and poured the contents of my stomach onto the street as cars passing by slowed and swerved to avoid.
I d say it was probably one of the most embarrassing things that has happened to me. And if I had infact been able to see myself I would have definitely laughed. I was like in a movie where it just shoots out of your mouth. There was definitely some distance achieved. So just as I finished up a bus came and I got on and went home. Unfortunately not everything had be able to escape the now hostile confines of my ones god like stomach. I discovered this after I had some water to drink. After many hours of trying to drink and sprinting to the bathroom, the remaining piece of food that I had consumed earlier in the day made its grand exit at around 330am. That was a home made bun with multiple kinds of seeds.
So basically after around 17 hours of sleep dating back from about 3am yesterday, I am glad to report that I have been able to retain fluid for the past hour and my stomach seems to have settled. I dont really feel like eating much of anything but really hope I can manage something. I mean I have a basketball game tomorrow that I want to play in badly.
All in all the last 24hrs ish hasnt been so bad. And besides being incredibly sore, thirsty and hungry I dont feel sick in the flu or cold sense. I will say though that being sick like this has only brought back memories of being way too drunk....I may have to take an extra weekend off of going out for beers with the guys.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar