So what are the 3 S's. They consist of Sunglasses, Shorts and Sandals (aka Flip Flops). When I am able to wear these 3 items at the same time and be outside for more than an hour without freezing my ass off, spring has official begun.
This glorious day came yesterday. It was a gorgeous day around 20 degrees Celsius. I rounded up a couple friends and biked into the city for a relaxing day at Kongens Have. It was truly the first day of the year when the sun was out, the wind wasnt blowing ridiculously (like it always does) and you could be outside without a scarf, winter jacket and gloves.
Its quite a change considering only a couple of weeks ago on st patty's day it was snowing. Its amazing how this one day of amazing weather brings such a shift. It feels so much more like spring now. I almost welcome the week long of rain that is being predicted because I know we are officially out of the winter darkness that settles over Denmark in the winter months.
I m completely looking forward to the warmer weather and the endless daylight that the spring/summer brings. It was a great feeling being back on a bike again for the first time in nearly 2 months. Of course I generally bike in the winter, but there always seems to be a month or two in the year that I grow tired of the freezing cold and buy a bus pass.
The nice weather makes the city seem more alive. The cafes move into the streets and the tourists begin to take over certain areas of the city. I like that people smile more, with good reason...Copenhagen is amazing during the spring and summer. The office I work in is situated in Nyhavn, so when I come out of work there are always lots of people enjoying an afternoon beer by the harbor or eating at one of the many cafes.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar