tirsdag den 24. juni 2008
Exhausted in Stockholm
Day one of two in Sweden. Woke up at 440 so I could catch a 7am flight. Got into Stockholm around 830. I took a train into the city center and checked into my hotel. I made it to IBM around 10 and waited around for a bit until I finally met one of the girls I was training. Once that happened it pretty much turned into a huge disaster. I couldnt get anything to work and access to certain programs was suddenly denied. It was pretty much a huge headache. It really made the second half of the day seem very quick and condensed. I finally got out of there around 6. It was pretty much the longest day I have worked since pulling a triple shift at dixon. Tomorrow isnt going to be nearly as long but its going to be just as difficult. I have to try and explain the hardest processes well enough so that when I leave in the afternoon they have an ideal of what they are doing. Pretty much 2 days of training isnt nearly enough. I have been doing my job for 6 months and still learn new things....so trying to speed train people really isnt possible. The worst part about it all is that I will have to be in the office the rest of this week for at least a few hours so I can have conference calls with my trainees. Ugh. I m wishing I had more time to go around the city. Stockholm is a really nice city especially because there is nice weather. I think I will have to take a trip over here again with a friend.
Abonner på:
Kommentarer til indlægget (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar