lørdag den 28. juni 2008

Roskilde: The Warm Up

My first Roskilde Festival experience is about to commence. If you consider the packing portion then it has already begun. My bags are packed and in an hour I catch the train for a week of music and mayhem. Even though I have known this was coming for quite sometime, I havent really readied myself properly. My mental state has been questionable and I have often thought of backing out of the whole thing. I m working the festival campground J so it puts a different dynamic on the experience compared to if I was simply going for the classic sex, drugs and rock and roll. I generally dont like backing out on commitments so I decided to stick it out. I m glad for that too because I m getting excited to see the massive fields of crazy people from all over the world united together for the glory that is Roskilde Festival. Since I am working the festival I have free entry to the show and special perks like a restricted camping area and access to special employee sections. It somewhat separates me from the common concert goer, but puts me with people who are in the same situation as I. This way I dont have to deal with the few douchebags that you will find in every crowd. Anyways all that aside....Radiohead will be my number 1 must see. Jay Z is number 2 however I will only be able to catch a short portion of his set because I will have to work. Some of the others include a danish band called Veto, who I saw open for Smashing Pumpkins. The Streets are also a must see for me....the first time I heard them I hated them but time has been kind and now I find them quite good. Definitely a change of pace from some of the other music I listen to. I m sure I will also hang with g-mang and see some metal bands along with the Scottish band Mogwai who I have seen once before at the WOW Hall in Eugene.

Well I m ready for the music....so until next time...

Ingen kommentarer: