søndag den 22. juni 2008
Work - 6 months of IBM
So I have been working at IBM since January of this year. I wasnt too sure how I would like it when the job was first explained to me, but at the time I was in desperate need of a job and the paycheck that comes along with it. Over the last 6 months I have really started to enjoy my job even though it can be tedious at times. In the last 6 weeks or so my work load has increased substantially. I along with my other American colleague Jenni have been put in charge of the subcontractors in the Nordic countries. These consist of Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. We mainly work with other managers in these countries to make sure when a new subcontractor is hired they are given the correct resources in order to perform their job. The amount of responsibilities have begun to pile and at times I feel quite overwhelmed. The job that Jenni and I do at time requires more time than each of us has to give. Trying to balance work and school has sometimes been a challenge. Some good news came a couple weeks ago in form of an email. It turns out that we will be trying to ship our responsibilities to India. This is a blessing and a curse. It will be nice to rid ourselves of the tasks we have been doing however coordinating the training session has been utterly disorganized at times. This is in part due to complications with the lack of knowledge of the subject in regards to the people coordinating the training sessions and organizing a face to face training session with our Indian colleagues. Finally a 2 week training session has been put together in Sweden. I will be headed to Stockholm, as of now, Tuesday to help assist with the training as I have more specific knowledge and 6 months of experience working with the different processes. I am excited to go because it shows that my manager has complete faith in me and because of the great learning experience. I m just not looking forward to the coordination and excess of email that I will be dealing with over the next days, weeks, months.
Abonner på:
Kommentarer til indlægget (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar