So this last week was pretty decent. I slept most of Monday after my week in Roskilde. Tuesday was spent dealing with a few urgent emails from work but mostly hanging out with Garth. The weather was kind of dodgy but I took him over to the Marble Church and to Christiania anyways. It rained pretty much the whole ride into town.
The Marble Church is a pretty massive cathedral located a stones throw away from the queens palace. It also has the 5th largest dome in Europe. I ve been there a handful of times but only while making the tourist loop. I m not an avid church goer. Anyways next stop was to Christiania. The sun was nowhere to be found....but dont worry the rain had us covered.
For those who dont know, Christiania its the hippie like community where most people go to buy pot/hash and smoke weed. Although its illegal in Denmark its been fairly relaxed there over the years (until recent). We pretty much just walked around a bit. There isnt really a ton to see over there in my opinion but I guess its interesting if you havent ever been there...or you like to smoke. They restrict cameras there which is kinda too bad because they have lots of murals on walls and buildings that are kinda cool. We only stayed for about 20 mins or so and decided it was about time to head home as our day was put on hold due to a rain delay.
Low and behold...as soon as we made it home the rain stopped. I dont remember doing anything much after that except eating some delicious chicken sandwiches. Pretty sure we stayed close to the apartment the rest of the day.
Wednesday I was back to work. Garth set out to Hillerød to see a castle. We met back up in the evening and cooked some dinner. Since it was Garths last night in town we ended up hanging out at a friend of mines flat and drank some beverages. What was meant to be a low key night got a bit crazier than expected and a drunken night ride landed us home at around 4am. Garth had to be up at 5 to catch an early train at 630ish. Lets just say we were a bit surprised when we woke up right when his train was pulling away from the station. It wasnt the best way to start the morning but I had a good laugh about it. He gathered almost all of his things and headed out the door to catch the 730 train to Århus. I went back to bed for a bit and then had to work.
It was a bit strange coming home Thursday evening because my apartment was virtually empty with exception of my roommates brother. He left shortly after I got home to go on vacation in Ecuador. My roommate had also left earlier in the day to go to Spain with a friend and then of course Garth had already left. So basically the apartment has been quite vacant and besides seeing some friends for a short time Friday night and a good by party Saturday night I have been really bored.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar