fredag den 19. februar 2010

I am officially not a fan of unemployment. Officially it has been 19 days since my contract ran out on my student job and since then I have been so bored. Dont get me wrong I have been able to do a couple of fun things that may have been harder if I had a job but really the overall experience of having no real reason to wake up is not one I hope continues. I like having my day filled with some sort of accomplishment or know that I am working towards something and on top of that...I like working. I may be weird in that aspect but for the most part I have liked most of the jobs I have had throughout my life. I feel fortunate to be able to say that because I know people who feel completely opposite.

I think the part that drives me even more nuts is that I have so much free time to think about things I would otherwise be less consumed with if I had other responsibilities to occupy myself with. I m talking about stressful things...like a lack of income and student loan payments being due, the constant application rejections stating that I lack experience in a certain area, and most importantly is my pending Danish greencard application. I feel pretty much suspended on really pursuing anything until I figure out if I can start making any type of long term plans. Currently I do not have the right to work full time because the visa I have is an extended student visa. Getting a greencard would essentially give me the same rights as a danish person with the exception of being able to vote. This means I will be able to collect unemployment insurance money through the Union that I am a part of. If I were to be able to collect this then I would feel more at ease because then I could volunteer with companies to gain more experience to make myself more marketable in the business world. I could go back to the kind of normalcy that I am craving.

Ingen kommentarer: