I had the worst dream ever last night....and it was way to vivid for my liking. I have had bad dreams before throughout my life, even re-occurring ones. You know the kind where you are falling and then you dream you wake up and then you are falling again and so on. Or even the ones where a murder is out to get me and when I wake up, I am covered in sweat. Then there are the ones where you twitch so hard when you wake up and your heart is racing...and you are thankful that no one was close enough to have felt your sudden awakening.
This one was like I was watching tv, but then as they were giving the accounts of what happened, it was like I was suddenly sucked into the real time version of the events.
So basically the setting was the small town I went to high school. It seemed to be some sort of reunion because at one point, I felt like I was with a lot of people I knew from my graduating class. So for some reason we were walking down the main road on our wait out of town, towards the power station. As we got out a bit, we started walking by this old field that I used to bail hay at in the summers when I worked on a farm.
Everyone was talking and having a good time, when suddenly we saw this plane flying really low. There is a small airport very close by, so it wouldnt necessarily be an uncommon occurrence. However, it clearly looked like it was having trouble maintaining altitude. Not to mention, it was a huge jumbo jet, which generally would not possible to take off or probably land at the local airport.
The plane was bouncing up in down like there was a massive air disturbance. We all looked up at it, like holy shit it is going to crash. Suddenly it just did a complete 180 and crashed about 500 yards away (which is the length of 5 football fields). Everyone hit the deck as some shrapnel from the explosion came flying our way. Once the dust settled, a bunch of us took of running towards the plane to look for survivors. I could just remember as I was running that I was crying a lot, but at the same time I was completely focused on searching for anyone that may still be alive.
It seemed like by the time I got close to the wreckage, the police, ambulances and fire crews were already showing up (way more than the little town could provide in such a short time). The closer we got to the crash, dead bodies started to appear. Some were still strapped into their chairs, which had dislodged from the plane and just landed in the middle of the wreckage. Others were strewn across the ground with their closed burned off and their skin seared. There were people with dislocated legs and other just mangled so bad that had I actually seen this in real life, I probably would have thrown up.
Finally I got deep within the crash, which was just on the edge of a wooded area. I approached 2 rows of seats that had landed next to each other, almost like they had carefully been removed from the plane and then set up one behind the other on the hard dirt ground. I saw a woman, who appeared to be in her mid 20s move and I rushed over to her. She was pretty disoriented, but she soon came around. There were 3 people behind her who were also conscious and more alert about the situation. None of them was in terribly good shape so I was screaming for the paramedics to come over.
To my horror, no one was coming over. People were attending to the dead although there were survivors still strapped into their seats right next to me. I told the few to hold on and I would go get help. But as I started running towards the medical personell, they began to disappear. I was screaming so loud I was giving myself a headache. I ran back to the group and 3 of the 4 had died. The only one left was the young woman. Her knees were swollen like beach volleyballs and there was no way to move her. I yelled to my friends to come over and then suddenly I was back at my parents house watching this girl tell her story on the nightly news.
My mom just looked at me like it was no big deal and that kind of stuff happens in our town all the time. I looked straight at her and said "Mom, I was there when that happened." She replied "Oh thats nice dear."
Seriously WTF. The complete detail of everything is something that I dont recall experiencing in my dreams. Normally things are faded or blurred or I think I know someone, but I dont ever really see their face. It was pretty disturbing.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar