2012 so far...
The first half of the year was pretty good. I was busy with work, which was nice most the time, because I like what I do. The basketball team I play on came in 2nd in the the division so we earned a spot in the league above us. I did some traveling and was able to see some old friends, which is always a plus in my book. Last but most definitely not least, I had been dating a beautiful girl that I am still crazy about and in general enjoying life.
Summer went by and I had a friend come out for a visit. We spend a week in Spain doing some surfing which was pretty nice.
The fall came and of course work was still there. Basketball has also slowly started back up again. In fact, my team is playing in a tournament this weekend. We are 1-1 so far. The refs are absolute garbage, which kills any flow of the game. I didnt think they could get any worse than last year, but with some new rule changes...it seems like everything is a foul.
We potentially play 2 more games tomorrow (definitely 1) and if we make it to the second game, then we will have a shot to avenge our loss.
I ve been a bit stressed out these past couple weeks. Thats the main reason I m writing. I think if I get my thoughts out of my head, then I on some level feel better.
Basically the last couple weeks have been the cause of my stress. The first thing was that I was told I have to find a new place to live. I have been in the same apartment for 3 years now living with a roommate/landlord. I originally met the guy through a mutual friend, so it ended up being a pretty good living situation. We were both students at the time, though I was further ahead. He has since finished his education and started working full time, as am I. Basically, he doesnt need to rent a room in his place anymore. It is completely fair and I m sure I would probably do the same thing if I was in his situation. It is however ridiculously hard to find a room in Copenhagen or an apartment that is affordable to rent. I have put in over 30 requests in the 10 days or so and I have been rejected on everyone. It is often cited that they have 100+ applicants. I think that being a foreigner also makes it a bit tough too. I have however been able to work my network and got an interview at a shared collective next week. One of my teammates lives there and they have a room opening up in november. I m hoping I get it. It will be nice to live with someone I know and also because it is something I havent tried before. Being a collective means that you share a lot of things, cost of food, cooking/cleaning duties, etc. I think it will be a good chance to broaden my horizon a bit. I also think I ll fit in pretty well because I have lived in a house full of people before.
My bikes are also a stress point at the moment. My nice bike is falling apart. I need a new back rim, front and back tires and new tubes. I m sure it will be quite expensive to fix and it was a cost I wasnt really planning on having. My spare bike also has a couple of flat tires, so I cant use it either. The tires are not easy to change on the spare and my bike shop is closed for another few days. I m currently riding around my girlfriends bike since she is away traveling. It definitely does the job, but it of course has its own set of problems. Really I m not looking forward to the cost of fixing my bikes, since I am trying to put money away for savings. Unfortunately not having a bike is just not an option here.
My Mac also crashed after only 9 months...but luckily that stress has been relieved a bit since I got it back and it has been functioning properly for the last few days. Thought I am still contemplating whether or not to extend the warranty on it in case it happens again.
The most stress though has come with my girlfriend leaving for 6 months. She is taking an amazing trip around to different parts of the world. I am full of conflicting emotions that at time seem uncontrollable. I am jealous that she is able to take such an amazing trip, sad that she is gone for so long and I do not get to see her, happy that she is out experiencing what the world has to offer, afraid that she will miss me less than I miss her or that I will lose her love and angry at myself for not being able to find the words to tell her how I feel about her before she left.
It basically adds up to be that my life is changing. The most frustrating part is that it is change that is unexpected. Though I did know about my girlfriends trip for sometime, it still managed to sneak up on me in the end. I new there would be some tough times, but I did not know how strong my feelings really were until it was too late.
I know things in my life will become normal to a point and that this is a time for reflecting on what I want my future to be like. I need to take this time to become better at areas in certain areas in my life. I hope I can sustain the motivation that I have recently found and utilize the extra time I have to be in better shape, do my job better and gain more knowledge, as well as learning danish as it will be beneficial in many aspects of my life.

Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar